Monday 28 January 2013

Hide & Seek

Robert loved to play hide and seek.  Well, it was really hide without the seek and without me actually knowing we were playing.  Basically he used to hide and jump out at me to scare the hell out of me! His favourite hiding place was behind the bathroom door.  He knew I would go in there soon to brush my teeth before bed so he would stand and wait silently.  In I would go unsuspectingly, only to jump ten foot in the air when he roared 'Boo!' in my face as I went to close the door.  His second favourite was under the bed where the monsters live, just to make sure I didn't forget they were there.


I seem to remember when we were a lot older, my friend Colette and I were watching a horror film called 'Thirteen Ghosts' (yes she did MAKE me watch this).  We were both sitting there clutching cushions in front of our faces and peeping over the top of them, as you do.  There was a very tense moment where everything went silent.  Rob had meanwhile snuck up outside the front room and was watching us through the crack in the door.  He let out a blood curdling scream to which both Colette and I replied with a scream of similar pitch and then several expletives.  Some things never change.

No comments:

Post a Comment