Wednesday 2 April 2014

One sentence a day.

The idea is to write a sentence a day.  I don't know whether this will be an interesting account of my mood swings, achievements or just a boring day to day account of the weather but I'd like it to be a reminder of what iv done, seen and felt rather than regurgitating my to do list.  I started this on Saturday February 22nd, a random day in which I came across the idea so here goes.

  • I can't remember the last time I cried at the cinema, 'Dallas Buyers club' is a powerful film and Matthew McConaughey is creeping up my list of favourite actors.
  • Cinema weekender double whammy, 'The Wolf of Wall Street' a crazy film about crazy ass people, very funny but looooooooong - result: numb bum.
  • Booked a holiday to Cape Verde, with the prospect of 2 weeks relaxation, but I'm sure there will time for the odd trip or two...
  • Zombie day: I quote Jamie 'Who stole my sleep?' (I'm allowed to quote other people, it's still my sentence)
  • First attempt at Pilates today, did some major stretching, discovered I cannot do push ups to save my life.
  • I didn't win, but I didn't come last at the ICT bowling night, as a member of the Smurf team I can live with that. I did however eat a lot of chicken nuggets. (Damn It that's two sentences)
  • Friday, what happened to Friday?

March (Of the Penguins?)

  • It's been too long since I got dressed up and went out to shake my tail feather, destination: Jenny's 30th.
  • I got lots of driving practice today, mostly around B&Q car park.
  • Put on the spot in sign language tonight conversation practice in front of the class, I could barely remember my own name.
  • Discovered an excellent new therapy for work related stress, table tennis!
  • I'd go so far as to say I felt a bit stronger in Pilates today, it turns out I do have some muscles, although not immediately obvious.
  • It annoys me when people do countdown's but fuck it one day left at work *sighs* 
  • I feel free, I legged it out the door into the sunshine, looking forward to some much needed time off.
  • Holding back the tears (not the years) sitting between two men, 'The Book Thief' was triumphant, we just had to eat our weight in Tapas afterwards to recover, its a hard life.
  • Happy Birthday Graham it's curry time, oh zafran how we love thee.
  • It's getting tough now iv got to practice BSL more if I want to pass, this sentence is a reminder that that's what I should be doing right now...
  • There seems to be a continual flow of money departing from my account, however all for great stuff happening over the next few months, exciting but expensive.
  • Hair done and shopping, I've become a fully fledged woman of leisure for the day.
  • Lovely spa day with mum, it was like being on holiday, snoozing on a sunbed, must make this a regular occurrence.
  • 3 hours gardening, essentially 3 hours of squats, thighs are hurting already, I think tomorrow I may have issues walking.
  • A tasty burger in Camden with Letty its a shame about the bar, definitely not the right 30th venue, house party it is then.
  • Thighs still aching so decided 3 more hours of gardening would be a good idea, it feels like spring is finally here at last.
  • I think I have lost the ability to park the car, however maybe I'm being hard on myself, when there are no spaces and you have to park backwards up a hill 10 minutes walk away from the house.
  • Today I watched two films 'Melinda & Melinda' and 'Julie & Julia' I assure you this was a coincidence.
  • The neighbours who live opposite won 107 million on the euro lottery, I'm not sure if I now conclude 'wow so it is possible to win the lottery' or 'what's the likely hood of the people living opposite the winners of winning the lottery this week'
  • As I passed her my glasses the dentist said 'remind me to give these back when you leave' I responded appropriately 'I'm not going to get very far, il remind you by falling off the chair'
  • Eyebrow threading never gets any less painful, that is all I have to say.
  • Catching up with friends and celebrating Chris' 30th with fajitas, banoffee pie and an intense biscuit discussion.
  • The first insanity fit test complete, DIG DEEP! weigh in, measurements, sweating, done.
  • Got up at 6.15am on a Monday to exercise, now that is a first which must be documented.
  • I fear the next weeks sentences are going to revolve around how much I ache.
  • Delicious curried lamb shank at Sangri for Mums birthday, we love a good birthday curry!
  • Finally the book 'My Life In France' has arrived, I was starting to think the next book club might arrive before the book, bon apetit!
  • 7 workouts in the last 6 days, I'm either going to be very fit by the end of this 2 months or collapsed on the floor in a heap, no exercise tomorrow yeeeha!
  • 'Gravity' was so good, amazing filming and special effects, I felt so tense that I even forgot to breathe during some of the film, no wonder it won awards.
  • Happy Mothers day to my wonderful mum, unfortunately my attempt at scones came out a bit flat more like biscuits but with a heap of jam on they were still edible.
  • The term has been building up to this BSL exam and I think I did well, although I was a little thrown by the curveball that was questions about my grandmother and Christmas...now to wait for the results.
March: The End. Spring: The Beginning!


No comments:

Post a Comment