Tuesday 16 December 2014

2014 - A Snapshot

So another year has past, don't ask me where its gone! This time last year I enjoyed looking back and thinking about the past year - I've probably forgotten something major but here goes...

Achievements

Passing British Sign Language Level 1 and the first module of Level 2. Also met some lovely people in my new class and at deaf club!

 
After a somewhat traumatic 6 months in my new role on the Service Desk, I managed to change role to Systems Development Officer! Although I feel a little in over my head, I'm trying to learn the lingo and I've gone up another peg so that can't be bad!
 
 
I've finally started learning bass guitar...well teaching myself! Lessons next year would be good, but I've had some great jamming sessions with some guys from work which has got me to pick the bass up rather than sit looking at it, so that's a pretty good start!
 
 

Some Memorable Moments of 2014

Well this one has to come first - Jamie proposed (I'm not allowed to say 'Finally' ok so it slipped out) One happy lady and only 4 months to the big day and I'm very much looking forward to being Mrs Summerton!

 
A list of engagements to celebrate this year!!! Anyone would think we've all turned 30 and had a mid life crisis?! Congratulations everyone :) looking forward to all the weddings!
 
Laura and Mark
Jen & Andy
Michelle & Pat
Lucy & Michael
 
10 awesome book clubs and even more books in-between! Plus a few cinema excursions ;)
 
 
Lots of Theatre...
 
The Johnny Cash Show - a great way to spend Grandad's anniversary
One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest - Mitre Players
Swan Lake Ballet in Wimbledon
The Carpenters Story in Wimbledon
The Book of Mormon with Letty - funniest show I've ever seen laughed til we cried!
Les Miserables - for our 12 year anniversary
Jersey Boys - with Rob and Jen 'Cherry baaaaaaaaby'
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night time - BSL signed show with my class mates
 

Seeing the World

Jamie's 30th we had a Camper adventure in Devon, in every type of weather possible and it was so much fun, we didn't want to give the VW back!!


 
My birthday surprise trip to Prague, what an incredibly beautiful city and what was the chances of there being a Tim Burton exhibition!! Double excitement!
 


 
 
One to tick off my bucket list we flew in a Hot Air Balloon and it was possibly one of the best things I have ever experienced! The best way to see how amazing the British countryside.  If its not on your bucket list it should be!!
 

 
We explored the tiny but beautiful island of Cape Verde off the West Coast of Africa.  Possibly the most relaxing holiday I have ever had, which was just what we both needed.






Events - lots of big birthdays!

Jen's 30th in Balham's 3 monkeys

Chris Paps 30th house party

Letty's 30th Birthday girly weekender in Swindon for a bit of pampering, fun and games!


Charlottes 30th came next with a night out in London

 

Lucy's (not 30 yet) crazy 80's night at Strawberry Moons!



 
Jenny's 30th TGI balloon hat extravaganza - I know there's a photo somewhere...

 
My big 30, dinner with family and a house party!


 
Daniela's surprise 30th at the Jolly Farmers, with some Portuguese dancing
 
Lee and Lizzies fantastic safari wedding at Port Lymph
 

 
Janine & Terry had their beautiful baby Caeden on 28th November weighing 6lb 15oz
I'm not sure I can share the pics yet so you can only see his beautiful toes until Janine shows him to the world :)
 

 
What a year, it went fast but lots of good memories.  Next year is going to be a very exciting year (and exhausting I think...) I cannot wait, roll on Christmas, roll on New Year, roll on the weddings!
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment