Friday 22 July 2011

A thoughtful day

As this week of flu and feeling sorry for myself comes to an end, I have had the energy today to faff about with the internet connection and low & behold I have managed to connect.  All I had to do was cellotape the dongal to a mop and point it towards the window, why didn’t I think of that earlier?  So I am back in the land of the living…just.  Next week I am going to start my healthy kick.  I’m going to get better, start my diet and hopefully if I am well enough start a little exercise! The healthy me will emerge.  I think this year has been so completely exhausting that I’ve not really had time to sit down and realize that I am falling apart.  Our week off on holiday at home was lovely but perhaps relaxing for a week and doing pretty much nothing gave my body a bit of a shock after the past 7 months of chaos.  Well its time for calm now, there’s no panic, there’s no deadline, there’s just plenty of time to live so that’s what I intend to do. 

Hopefully we have not seen the last of the summer sun and there is still some to enjoy in the near future, I’ve seen it peeking out today.  A recent surprising discovery I have had is that I enjoy gardening! (Although I must point out that I am still terrified of all creepy crawlies and if near by you will be sure to hear me screech and flap my arms about whilst in the garden)  I hardly ever used to even step out into our garden at my mums house but since the rubble was cleared from the building work, I have really enjoyed getting stuck in and even planted some flowers (a first for me) Although my second discovery was that Jamie is the most unenthusiastic gardener in the world, which was revealed to me at our trip to the gardening centre a few weeks ago…but he does like looking after the pond and the fish so I’ll let him off!  This morning after reluctantly crawling out of bed to face the day, I couldn’t help but smile when I looked out the window and saw that the pink roses in our garden have fully bloomed.  The rain has certainly done the garden some favours, it’s looking very healthy and happy! 




It feels good to write, I feel like I haven’t written anything for ages, and I haven’t read much either.  Annoyingly I left my book at work before I went off sick so I’ve started reading Goodnight Mister Tom again which is my favourite childhood book and makes me want to read everything and anything because it is so beautifully written.  I would love to write a book one day, perhaps I will.     

No comments:

Post a Comment