Wednesday 21 August 2013

A Self Portrait

I recently bought a book of photography projects to give me some ideas and encourage some creativity.  Although it is a photography project I've decided because I really want to draw more I'm going to combine the two. My first project is going to be portraits, so watch out I may come after you with my lens!

After taking a picture of myself in a mirror, I decided to draw from the photo and actually prefer the drawing, so this is the official start of my project.  You may think I'm cheating a little here as you can't see my face but essentially this is my self portrait as a lot of the time I am hidden behind my giant lens.  It also represents what I am about to do, I am going to photograph other people doing things they enjoy, love, something they are passionate about.  Primarily the images need to represent my friends personalities!  I finally had a reason to use my new funky sketchbook that I got for my birthday too which is perfect, charlotte you must be psychic. 

 
 
Volunteers with ideas welcome ;)
 
I was undecided on where to document this project, on my normal blog or my photography blog but I thought to start off with it might be more suited to Gem's blogspot as I feel I can reflect more on here for some reason.  Maybe I'll put the grand finale collection of portraits on the other blog as an official ta dah!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment