Tuesday 19 April 2011

Week 14...Coffee deprived Carpet Fitters

Our house finally looks like a home, hoorah! I haven’t blogged for ages, for one thing I’ve been so busy over at the house that I’ve just not had time and for another all the painting we had done was, yes you guessed it...white, so the photos would not have been very exciting.
But still, after looking at the pictures I last posted and looking at some I took today it really does look different, all these hours slogging away is going to be worth it. 
The carpet is ridiculously light, it looks amazing but I’ve decided no one is allowed to walk on it!

The front bedroom as of today...all done and dusted, mattress was delivered today aswell, just waiting on the bedstead on Friday and we can actually sleep in our house! Yippee!

Second bedroom we’ve painted the chimney breast black and glossed everything although some will need a second coat. 

Jamie’s Dad Danny has been working really hard every weekend, fitting skirting’s and door frames, the cooker and all sorts of stuff for us! He is also going to do all the laminate flooring downstairs, the next big job on the horizon!
Hall way and staircase are all done now...apart from the hand rail, didn’t manage to get that painted in time for today.

I was so excited to see the carpet down today.  I did however piss the carpet man off as he wanted a coffee and it hadn’t even crossed my mind...we don’t actually have a fridge plugged in so no milk, oh and I don’t really drink tea or coffee so although we had a kettle (which was still in the box) we had nothing to put in a cup, he was a tad grumpy after that!
Downstairs looks much the same as it did before as we’ve been concentrating on the upstairs but the cooker is in and looks very posh ooooh I wonder how you use it?

There is just still more painting to be done downstairs now, argh I used to love painting, I think I will be very relieved when I put down my paintbrush for the final time, in fact I may throw it down and dance around it in joy.
Over Easter we will hopefully start moving our things into the house and we may move ourselves in too depending on how things go!
It's...nearly...in...reach..............

No comments:

Post a Comment