Friday 13 May 2011

Its been two weeks since my last confession...

Week 17 – yes we are still going...
I have discovered many things over the last 4 months, most recently that wallpapering is like trying to wrap a giant, extremely awkward shaped present.  Although saying this I didn’t really do much of the wallpapering it kind of ended up with Jamie doing all the work and me standing there to make sure it looked straight (which is obviously an equally important job).  The wall paper in the front room looks beautiful! We still have the dining room chimney breast to wallpaper which is going to be even harder as it has an awkward lip half way down the wall but we’re trying not to think about that.

 
I haven’t done a blog for so long I can’t remember what had and hadn’t been done...the floor downstairs is now laminate all the way through front to back and was laid by Jay and his dad Danny, it looks awesome!! Very VERY chuffed with that!

The bedroom is finished (yes FINISHED) complete with blinds (which took me and Rob 4 hours to cut each slat individually) homeowners please note I have a tip for you...buy made to measure blinds.  However they look wicked so it was worth it.  Rob enjoyed it anyway he spent most of the time cutting the slats and pinging them at me from all angles, I had one that stuck itself to my forehead for several seconds, some also  ended up flying out of the window.  I’m sure it was amusing to passers by.
Robert modelling for B&Q...


The wall sticker, yay I love it! People may start to notice a tree/flower theme around the house, I can’t help it everything I buy just happens to have trees on it.  Having done the sticker first and moaned that it took 30 minutes to peel the backing off and a further 20 to secure it in place, we realised that this is way easier than hanging wallpaper so may have to get some more of those!!!

Rob and Jay manoeuvred the washing machine and fridge into the utility last night so they can finally be used! So, I hear you say, when are you moving in then? I don’t know!!! I hope on Sunday, I am taking stuff round there over the weekend, but really it depends on Jay as poor lamb, it is all coinciding nicely with his exams again, so he has not even had time to think about what he is going to pack let alone pack any of it, whereas I have been packing for some time...so we will see, what will be, will be but it’s there, it’s ready!! There are still bits and bobs to do, the blinds in the front room (which are the same as the bedroom) *shudders at thought of doing that again x3* and the edging on the floor.  Little things really, the main thing is it LOOKS like a house, it IS a house, it is OUR house and I can’t wait, time to excited!!! Woooooooooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment