Monday 24 January 2011

Dream

I had one of those disorientating dreams this morning.

I dreamt that I had woken up to the sounds of my usual alarm but couldn’t get out of bed because I was so tired. (very realistic)  For some unknown reason I received a phone call saying that I didn’t need to come in to work until 10.30am.  So I turned off my alarm and went back to sleep.

Then I woke up for real and wasn’t sure if this was the second time I had woken up or whether I had dreamt it.  I looked at the clock but I couldn’t get out of bed because I was so tired. (confirming the realistic nature of the dream) So I kept snoozing my alarm and hoping I might receive this mysterious phone call to tell me I didn’t have to be at work until 10.30am.  Unfortunately my dream didn’t come true and reluctantly I dragged myself out of bed 5 snoozes later a little bemused.

Often when I wake up I know immediately that I was having a dream but I cannot for the life of me remember what happened, occasionally remembering snippets here and there of something which might have happened.  It is not usual for me to remember an entire dream and then be unsure if I was dreaming or not. Just plain weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment