Sunday 23 January 2011

Handmade Scarves & Creatures!

Hoorah I've finally finished my own scarf.  This is my 5th scarf, all of which have gone to good homes (christmas presents) but I wanted one for myself! My nan taught me to knit last summer, when she was knitting little baby clothes for my cousins expected baby.  I went down to Worthing for the day and nan asked if I wanted to learn and I thought yeah why not. So thats how it started.  So far I have only knitted scarves but I have now got a book on how to knit animals so this may be my next attempt.  I'd also like to learn to knit gloves and hats!



As I was very short on cash at Christmas time I decided to handmake some of the presents for my friends and from this idea came some creature creations! I really enjoyed making these and will be making some more this year, they are made out of scraps of materials (mainly from my friend Eve's magic supply) and some felt, filled with soft toy stuffing!  Then sewn together (not particularly well as I'm not great at sewing) but all the same I was actualy really pleased with how they came out!

Meet Dot...


And Frenchy...


Sock piggy was my first creation, which I actually made because I was bored...I know this is what happens when i'm bored.




The first scarf I ever made! Very proud of this, although it is really wide as when I made it I didn't really know what I was doing but its very luxurious! My mum ended up with this one!


So my next project will probably be a knitted monkey, I think it may take me til next christmas to make it!

1 comment:

  1. Love the animals. They are the kind of thing I would expect you to create :)

    ReplyDelete